We are pleased to announce the recipients of the Stephan & Becky Diedrich Scholarship to attend Roasters Guild Retreat next month. These scholarship recipients are future or current leaders in the roasting community, helping to drive the future of specialty coffee. Diedrich, in partnership with the Roasters Guild, will cover the registration fee for the 2017 Roasters Guild Retreat.
The Roasters Guild scholarship program is designed for those who belong in the environment of education and deeper understanding of coffee that Roasters Guild Retreat offers, but who would not be able to attend otherwise. Scholarships were awarded based primarily, but not entirely, on the following criteria:
- Must be a first-time attendee
- Must be an active Roasters Guild member
- Shows a history of active engagement applicant’s coffee community
- Desires to make a career in the industry and is passionate about the roasting profession
- Dedicated to roasting and serving high quality coffee
- Exhibits leadership/mentorship abilities and a desire to help others grow their coffee knowledge
- May serve as a role model and a source of inspiration for others
The scholarship recipients were chosen by two representatives from each the Roasters Guild Executive Council and Roasters Guild membership at large. Congratulations to the recipients! You can join them and other roasting professionals from August 17-20 in Buford, GA! Learn more at roastersguild.org/retreat.